The facility management sector is parallelly scaling heights with the revolutionary spike in the real estate domain. From covering the steward services to looking after the operational upkeep of functional infrastructures, it has grown into an inevitable demand among the complete real estate ecosphere. Facilities management services provide systematic maintenance of buildings making the day to day operations at the real estate business much easier.
However in the current scenario, real estate business in India is on the up rise expecting a spike of 30 % in the next 10 years. The change is rapid due to the economic crisis, recession and inflation, majorly because the commercial sector is well on an exceeding growth embarked for itself.
From saving a business from critical system failures to offering economies of scale and cost reduction, integrated facilities management services align focus on the productivity of a business and offers services that a business can’t handle alone. Some of them are listed below:
• 24/7 operations ensuring Hygienic and safe operational spaces.
• Building maintenance by professionally trained and qualified personnel.
• Preventive and Planned Maintenance (PPM) programs ensuring limited breakdowns, and timely replacements of faulty or underperforming parts.
• Use of modern tools :Building Maintenance Systems (BMS) and Computer Assisted Facilities Management (CAFM)
• Automated monitoring systems to identify the potential threats in the system.
• Periodic maintenance of MEP systems to ensure health and safety while also addressing the waste management issues.
• Hiring service vendors, like food trucks or fitness trainers
• Catering and hospitality services
• Business support services
• Environment and health safety
• Security services
• Use of modern technology: SIEMENS, SALESFORCE, MAIL CHIMP and SEND GRID.
This rapid awareness of Facilities management services among the real estate sector In India has attracted many overseas organizations to operate in the country. This is precisely why India’s facilities management market is expecting an annual growth of 25-30% over the next 5 years, clearly defining integrated facilities management services to be the next big haul in the real estate sector.
In addition to the base responsibilities offered by the facilities management domain, it makes scaling the impact of its processes feasible while constantly improving its processes to provide further improvisation. The result of this efficacy has shown a visible rise of 60-70 % in the effectiveness of a business while also maintaining its sanity in a seamless manner.
With the Indian real estate gamut expecting to hit 180 billion (US$) by 2020, the Housing sector is expected to add around 11% to India’s GDP by 2020, adding to as much as 11 percent of the country’s total GDP which is just 5 percent of the present. This is where facilities management will widen its horizon by 25–30 % in the coming years and strengthen its existence, while its unnoticed existence will come further ahead. This is predicted to affect the real estate business in a promising manner, where the spike in the real estate sector will accelerate the rising demand for facilities management.