Our current world is under the influence of various environmental issues. Globalization has successfully linked people in the Integrated Facilities management system from different countries, but this has managed to convert many small local problems into international problems as well. As such, today, every society is under the influence of the good or bad consequences that come from one’s building management services.It is however imperative that we raise awareness on various concerns relating to one’s building management services, and how our actions can lead to serious environmental issues that must be addressed without delay. Precisely, each facility management system can make a difference to the environment in a positive manner. The emphasis should not only be on the awareness of the issue, but also on motivating the Facilities management staff on providing the necessary assistance to get started. For this purpose, practical solutions are provided that can be applied in everyday life without having to spend too much time or effort.
Being environmentally friendly means having a lifestyle that is parallel to the facility management system. It’s also about taking small steps towards Mother Earth to make this planet a better place for our facility management system communities and generations to come. A good way would to start with is by conserving water, driving less and walking more, consuming less energy, buying recycled products, eating locally grown vegetables, joining Integrated Facilities management environmental groups to combat air pollution, creating less waste and also planting more trees.
Some of the other ways to dwell in an environmentally friendly way can be read below:
1. Get to know the building management services resources better:start living with greater awareness of the resources that you use in your everyday life. Pay attention to how you choose to heat, travel, use water and use products manufactured by production practices. Consciousness is what will enable you to start making decisions that respect the environment.
2. Practicing Conservation:With your new awareness of how facility management’s natural resources are used in your life, begin practicing conservation. It can also merely be turning off the lights when you leave the room and as complex as a variety of decisions when it comes to building management services. Your smart building management staff can help you assist with more details on the same, which needs an extra effort from the occupants to take the initiative and understand the terms.
3. Conserve Water:you need to save water because it takes a lot of energy to pump water from a river or lake to your home. Water conservation reduces the amount of energy required for filtering. Some ways to save water are: showering with small showers, repair leakage leaks, maintaining an open tap while washing your teeth, recycling water from your home, collect rainwater in your grass.
4. Change your travel habits:Driving and flying are two areas where you can make a real impact on environment friendly practices. Choose travel options that consume less fuel, or choose to travel less(if possible. And try to finish the job over a call or video conference), or choose more direct routes to save fuel. If your office is nearby, try to ride a bicycle instead of a car. This will reduce the carbon footprint and keep you healthy in the longer run.
5. Reduce the use of harmful chemicals: Dangerous chemicals such as paints, oils, ammonia and other l solutions, when disposed in open air, can lead to environmental pollution which is hazardous for the air that we breathe. Contaminated air and water can have severe consequences for human health and lead to respiratory issues that could be fatal and may also lead to death. The building facility services must be careful of where to dispose these harmful chemicals in a safe manner, so as to not affect the environment or the health of its building occupants.